Hi you! Christmas has passed and I cannot hold all this excitement for myself! In fact, I’m so excited that the Christmas tree was up one week earlier, the lights on the house are also there, how strange! Cooking food for holidays will start in about 2 to 3 days, I want to make sure the food is fresh and there is no stale Gingerbread Person in sight, let’s get baking! The Gingerbread People recipe is widely spread across the nation and it is known by most countries all over the continents.
Gingerbread came from over the ocean and it originates in the 19th century Germany, from the story of “Hansel and Gretel”. The recipe is a fairly lightweight one so even if you can’t handle a spoon as well as others you can give it a try and the outcome is most of the times positive, don’t quote me on that though.
What You’ll Need :
- 3 to 4 cups of flour
- 4 oz of butter
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1/2 tbsp of baking soda
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 100g syrup
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- icing for decorations
- In a big bowl, add your butter and beat it using a mixer, add your brown sugar to the mix. Beat both of your eggs real good, pour syrup, vanilla extract and then add them into the sugar and butter cream. You will need a second bowl for this, get your flour, baking soda and salt and once again mix them together, add the final result to the butter cream and stir together until there is no debris left.
- It’s time to give the cream life, add the ground ginger and cinnamon, wait! Don’t add any icing yet, that’s the final step! Stir your butter mix together with the ginger and cinnamon, we are ready to move on.
- Roll the dough into 1/2 inch thick slices and start cutting your gingerbread people’s shape using a knife, cutter or gingerbread shapes.
- Preheat the oven at 340°F (170 °C) then place your gingerbread family in a tray with at least one inch between each person.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes and cool down for about five minutes on a cooling rack. Remove them from the tray and start decorating with icing.